DAY 3: “Up the River”, Distance: 5 km walking & 4 km paddling in a kayak: Grading: easy walking; average paddling.
Walk to the Stilbaai Museum, view the Blombos Cave exhibition, with a talk by an achaeologist. Then get transported up the Goukou River for an hour's paddling in kayaks. Next is a visit to a beautiful olive farm on the river banks, with olive tastings and a very special luncheon. Then you are transported back to your accommodation.
- Walk past the famous Stilbaai stilt beach houses and Goukou River mouth
- View the excellent display on the excavations at the Blombos Cave and listen to an informative talk by an achaeologist
- Paddle in a very stable kayak up the most scenic part of the Goukou River
- Have an olive tasting, informative talk and lunch at Kransfontein, a productive olive farm
- Enjoy some free time in Stilbaai during the afternoon