RATES (valid until November 2020):
Normal rate: (6 to 10 persons) R5 900 per person sharing; single room – R6 500.
Discount rate: (more than 10 persons) R5 400 per person sharing; single room – R6 000
A deposit of 50% is required to secure a booking (to be paid within a month of the booking)
Note: The minimum group size is 6, and maximum 14. Small groups will be combined if the same dates are booked. Single rooms are limited with larger groups. The rates include guide fees, accommodation in comfortable overnight establishments, breakfast, lunch packs, fruit juice, purified water, dinner, an alikreukel tasting, visit to the Blombos Cave museum exhibition, the paddle on the Goukou river, olive tasting with lunch, all local transport during the trip, as well as luggage portage. You will only have to pay for your drinks, your own preferred snacks along the trail and what you order extra.
► Should you want to be an exclusive group, or you are less than six persons – let’s work out a special rate for you.
♦ We also offer a self-catering option for hiking the trail, where you provide your own food and arrange your own accommodation. We still guide you and offer all the rest. Please inquire.
Only selected dates are available to hike the Alikreukel Trail (please see the list lower down).
We have selected the optimum tide dates for walking the trail. This is for your comfort (not walking on soft sand during high tide) and to make the best use of what the coast offers – in tidal rock pools, seeing the fish traps and appreciating the coastal ecology.
Note: Hikers must arrive the afternoon before the hike starts and will be accommodated in Jongensfontein at the Seesig Chalets. Dinner included.
Upcoming dates 2020 (actual hiking days):
The trail is closed from mid June to mid September
- Saturday 19 Sept – Tuesday 22 Sept (booked – still some spaces left)
- Saturday 3 Oct – Tuesday 6 Oct (fully booked)
- Saturday 17 Oct – Tuesday 20 Oct (fully booked)
- Saturday 31 Oct – Tuesday 3 Nov
- Saturday 14 Nov – Tuesday 17 Nov
- Saturday 28 Nov – Tuesday 1 Dec
2021 dates: (the trail fee will increase in February 2021)
- Saturday 13 – Tuesday 16 February
- Saturday 27 Feb – Tuesday 2 March
- Saturday 13 – Tuesday 16 March
- Saturday 27 – Tuesday 30 March
- Saturday 10 – Tuesday 13 April
- Saturday 24 – Tuesday 27 April (additional accommodation fee due to long weekend)
- Saturday 8 – Tuesday 11 May
- Tuesday 25 – Friday 28 May
- Saturday 12 – Tuesday 15 June
- The trail is closed from mid June to early September
- Saturday 4 – Tuesday 7 September
- Saturday 18 – Tuesday 21 September
- Saturday 9 – Tuesday 12 October
- Tuesday 19 – Friday 22 October
- Saturday 6 – Tuesday 9 November
- Saturday 20 – Tuesday 23 November
- Saturday 4 – Tuesday 7 December (additional accommodation fee due to holiday season)