RATES (valid until November 2020):
Normal rate: (6 to 10 persons) R5 900 per person sharing; single room – R6 500.
Discount rate: (group of more than 10 persons) R5 400 per person sharing; single room
A deposit of 50% is required to secure a booking, to be paid within 14 days / 30 days of the booking, (depending on how long before the hike you make the booking). For bookings more than 6 months in advance, the deposit is 25%.
Note: The minimum group size is 6, and maximum 14. Small groups will be combined if the same dates are booked. Single rooms are limited with larger groups. The rates include guide fees, four nights’ accommodation in comfortable overnight establishments, breakfast, lunch packs with snacks and fruit juice, purified water, dinner, an alikreukel tasting, visit to the Blombos Cave museum exhibition, the paddle on the Goukou river, olive tasting with lunch, all local transport during the trip, as well as luggage portage. You will only have to pay for your drinks, your own preferred snacks along the trail and what you order extra.
► Should you want to be an exclusive group, or you are less than six persons – let’s work out a special rate for you.
♦ We also offer a self-catering option for hiking the trail, where you provide your own food and arrange your own accommodation. We still guide you and offer all the rest. Please inquire.
Only selected dates are available to hike the Alikreukel Trail (please see the list lower down).
We have selected the optimum tide dates for walking the trail. This is for your comfort (not walking on soft sand during high tide) and to make the best use of what the coast offers – in tidal rock pools, seeing the fish traps and appreciating the coastal ecology.
Note: Hikers must arrive the afternoon before the hike starts and will be accommodated in Jongensfontein at the Seesig Chalets. Dinner included.
Upcoming dates 2020 (actual hiking days):
The trail is closed from mid June to mid September
- Saturday 3 Oct – Tuesday 6 Oct (fully booked)
- Saturday 17 Oct – Tuesday 20 Oct (fully booked)
- Saturday 31 Oct – Tuesday 3 Nov (fully booked)
- Saturday 14 Nov – Tuesday 17 Nov (fully booked)
- Saturday 28 Nov – Tuesday 1 Dec (fully booked)
The trail fees will increase as follow for all hikes from February 2021:
For groups larger than 10: R5 900 pp sharing, and R6 400 pp single room. Group size 8 to 10 people: R6 400 pp sharing and R6 900 pp single room. Group size less than 8 people: R6 900 pp sharing or single room (limited single rooms available).
- Saturday 13 – Tuesday 16 February (spend Valentine’s Day with your loved one on a beautiful hike – we will also make it special)
- Saturday 27 Feb – Tuesday 2 March
- Saturday 13 – Tuesday 16 March (maybe some spaces left)
- Saturday 27 – Tuesday 30 March (maybe some spaces left)
- Saturday 10 – Tuesday 13 April
- Saturday 24 – Tuesday 27 April (additional accommodation fee due to long weekend)
- Saturday 8 – Tuesday 11 May
- Tuesday 25 – Friday 28 May
- Saturday 12 – Tuesday 15 June (the weather is still very mild this time of year)
- The trail is closed from mid June to early September
- Saturday 4 – Tuesday 7 September
- Saturday 18 – Tuesday 21 September (booked)
- Saturday 9 – Tuesday 12 October
- Tuesday 19 – Friday 22 October
- Saturday 6 – Tuesday 9 November
- Saturday 20 – Tuesday 23 November
- Saturday 4 – Tuesday 7 December (additional accommodation fee due to holiday season)