Trail fees for 2022 are as follow:
Group size 8 to 10 people: R6 800 pp sharing and R7 600 pp single room.
For groups larger than 10: R6 400 pp sharing (provided that at least four persons will share double beds – otherwise R6 800 pp), and R7 200 pp for a single room. A limited no of single rooms are available.
The rates include four nights’ accommodation in comfortable overnight establishments, guide fees, all meals (and snacks along the trail), lunch packs, purified water, an alikreukel Hors D’oeuvre, visit to the Blombos Cave museum exhibition, the paddle on the Goukou river, olive tasting with lunch, all local transport during the trip, and luggage portage. You will only have to pay for your alcoholic drinks, your own preferred snacks along the trail and what you order extra.
A deposit of 50% is required to secure a booking – to be paid within 14 days of the booking. For bookings more than 6 months in advance, the initial deposit is only 25%.
Note: The minimum group size is 8, and maximum 14. Groups/couples/individuals will be combined if the same dates are booked, to fill the hike. Single rooms are limited and people will have to share bathrooms with others.
► Should you want to be an exclusive group – please arrange that with us. The condition is that you will have to book and pay for at least 12 people at the relevant rate.
♦ We also offer a self-catering option for hiking the trail, where you provide your own food and arrange your own accommodation. We still guide you and offer all the rest. Please inquire.
Only selected dates are available to hike the Alikreukel Trail (please see the list lower down).
We have selected the optimum spring tide dates for walking the trail. This is to make the best use of what the coast offers – in tidal rock pools, seeing the fish traps and appreciating the coastal ecology, as well as limiting soft sand walking.
Note: Hikers must arrive the afternoon before the hike starts and will be accommodated in Jongensfontein in private holiday houses. Dinner included.
Our last hike for 2021 takes place from 4 to 7 December.
The trail is closed during the December holiday season, until mid-February.
DATES FOR 2022
- Saturday 19 – Tuesday 22 February (Fully booked)
- Tuesday 1 – Friday 4 March – (fully booked)
- Saturday 19 – Tuesday 22 March (long weekend) – fully booked
- Saturday 2 – Tuesday 5 April (fully booked)
- Wednesday 20 – Friday 23 April (fully booked)
- Saturday 30 April – Tuesday 3 May (long weekend) – 10 places still available
- Tuesday 17 – Friday 20 May (fully booked)
- Tuesday 31 – Friday 3 June – (fully booked)
- The Trail will be closed between mid June and early September
- Saturday 10 – Tuesday 13 September (reserved)
- Saturday 24 – Tuesday 27 September (fully booked)
- Saturday 8 – Tuesday 11 October (4 places available on self-catering option)
- Tuesday 25 – Friday 28 October
- Tuesday 8 – Friday 11 November (Fully booked)
- Wednesday 23 – Saturday 26 November
- Tuesday 6 – Friday 9 December (additional accommodation fee due to holiday season)